San Francisco World Spirit Competition – GOLD
Old Pilot’s Gin awarded GOLD medal on San Francisco World Spirit Competition 2019.
ABOUT THE SAN FRANCISCO WORLD SPIRITS COMPETITION
Since its introduction in 2000, the SFWSC has become one of the most respected and influential spirits competitions in the world. And that means that your award is one of the most reliable and universal indications of spirits excellence.
Products awarded a Gold medal are exceptional. They are near the pinnacle of achievement in their particular category. They are products that set the standard for all others of their type.
- This was the 19th San Francisco World Spirits Competition; it was founded in 2000 as a way to recognize exceptional products in the spirits industry
- The 2019 Competition was the biggest in its history, featuring more than 3000 entries
- The SFWSC is considered to be the most influential spirits competition in the world
- The judges of the 2019 Competition are established spirits-industry experts, including:
- Anthony Dias Blue (Executive Director), author, editor, publisher, and one of the most influential food, wine, and spirits writers and lifestyle personalities in the U.S.A.
- Tony Abou-Ganim (Director of Judging), the Master-Mixologist, one of the leading pioneers of America’s craft cocktail movement
- David Wondrich, James Beard Award–winning author and longtime Spirits Writer for Esquire Magazine
- Julie Reiner, the renowned bartender who has brought New York’s Flatiron Lounge and Clover Club rave reviews and top rankings among the best bars in the world
- Jeffrey Morgenthaler, of Clyde Common at Portland’s Ace Hotel, named America’s Bartender of the Year and the country’s Best Cocktail and Spirits Writer at the 2016 Spirited Awards